Pregnancy changes the way you think and act forever. It’s going to make you realize how valuable and fragile life can be and why to protect it till the end of your life. Being pregnant makes the women realize how mentally strong she is to convert her fears turn into her strength. When you are pregnant, you need to eat for two people. The food must be rich in nutrients, proteins, iron, and iodine. One must eat healthy as it is vital. Here are a few nutritious food items to consume when you are pregnant.
Check out these healthy foods to eat during the pregnancy period
- One must consume high protein and calcium-rich food for you and the growing baby. Greek yoghurt is very beneficial for pregnant women. Intake of probiotic supplements during pregnancy time reduces complications such as vaginal infections and preeclampsia.
- Drink lots of water. During pregnancy, your body volume increases so you must always be hydrated. Also, drinking a lot of water reduces the chances of getting urinary tract infections, which is common during pregnancy time.
- You must eat everything that falls under legumes category. They are an excellent source of fibre, iron, B9, and folate, which is must-have during pregnancy. Folate reduces the risks of birth defects.
- Pregnancy women must eat lean meat as they are very rich in protein, iron, and other vitamins. Intake iron more as the blood volume mass increasing and is necessary during the third trimester.
- Berries contain vitamin C, water and other nutrients. Vitamin C is essential for the skin and helps to soak up iron. You can consider them as a great snack.
- Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, which help the womb to build the skin and tissues of the foetus. Avocados also contain potassium, which helps to reduce muscle cramps.
- Sweet potatoes are highly rich in a plant compound called beta-carotene when consumed it transforms into vitamin A, a must for the growth of the foetus. It contains fibre, which reduces blood sugar, enhances mobility, and improves digestive health.
- Leafy greens are recommended for pregnant ladies as it helps to reduce constipation, which is a common problem among pregnant women. Consuming leafy vegetables also eradicates the risk of low birth weight.
- Lastly, you can drink non-fat milk as your body soak up twice the calcium when you are pregnant.
Whatever you eat during pregnancy affects your child’s well being. Gaining weight during pregnancy is normal, but you have to ensure that you eat a lot of healthy food. You must eat the right amount of calories, vitamins, minerals, and gulp down a lot of water. Apart from these, you must not smoke, reduce caffeinated drinks, and stop alcoholic intake.